Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been posting...I've been working on something offline that I'm just starting to import and will (hopefully!) have completed enough of tomorrow. Anywhos, I've been doing research on businesses, galleries, programs, etc., throughout the city and have been collecting them in a list format. Then I put them in alphabetical order (which was a pain in the butt!) and I'm now starting to import the research on a wikispace. This is what I'm calling the Art Phonebook. It's basically a database of places that could be of use to artists, but they're all local, be it a national chain with one branch, or an individual store.

Anyway, I haven't gotten very far with it, but I'm planning on it being an ongoing project. I'd also appreciate if you have any ideas of other things to include in terms of businesses and such for the database.

Here's the link
.

Also, I'm almost done the website design...even if they can't use it, it'll at least be some kind of start for them, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Kristina that's awesome! I'm excited to talk to you about it later in class so we can figure out how we can help you and build on what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. As of right now, I have the website layout complete, and will type it up in html after getting feedback from you guys. There are some things I think need improvement. I'll see you all later today! :)

    ReplyDelete